Govt of India Approved New telecom Policy 2012..
- One Nation-One License to mean removal of Roaming charges on Mobile phone service.
- Full Mobile Number Portability and work towards One Nation – Free Roaming.
- Efforts Towards ‘Right to Broadband’
- Affordable and reliable Broadband on demand by 2015 and to achieve 175 million broadband connections by the year 2017 and 600 million by the year 2020 at minimum 2 Mbps download speed and making available higher speeds of atleast 100 Mbps on demand.
- To revise the existing broadband download speed of 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps by end of 2012 and subsequently to 2 Mbps by 2015 and higher speeds of atleast 100 Mbps thereafter.
- Mission is to have special coverage of Remote, Rural areas across India.
- Protect consumer interest by promoting informed consent, transparency and accountability in quality of service, tariff, usage etc.
- Optimize transmission of services to consumers irrespective of their devices or locations by Fixed-Mobile Convergence thus making available valuable spectrum for other wireless services.
- Convergence of services will cover voice, data, video, Internet, VAS
- Cloud Computing, Next Generation Network including IPV6
- De-link licenses issuances & spectrum allocations
- Spectrum to be made available at market valuations
- Seek TRAI recommendation on license framework
- Will allow trading, sharing, pooling of spectrum
- Will enact a separate spectrum act
Post a Comment